Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Making Strides: Think Pink!

I am a SURVIVOR!

I say it loud and proud.. with the help and the awesome support of my family and friends I MAKE IT!

The month of Oct. is Breast Cancer Awareness month. The Heimes' "Think Pink" in a number of different ways and with a number of different friends and family. The month started with my mom and sister who traditionally send out a box filled with all things pink. I am thankful and excited to get a box every year from Michigan from them. I also got a cute little gift from two little ones at the school that I teach at... it was a note pad and tons of candy.. yummy!

On second week of Oct. my girl Holly and I got dressed to Zumba the night away. We were dancing and breaking a sweat for a cause. Mind you it was from 6-9 so we got tired nearing the last 20 min. however we did it and had tons of laughs. Mike came out to support us and get us anything that we needed for the night. He sat in his lawn chair and DRANK ha.. but HEY he was out there with us.


The last week we woke up early and drove to a Making Strides Breast Cancer Walk. It was COLD but we bared all and made it through the 5k. Which took place right along the water... I walked with the group M.Creu (where I Zumba), my "Florida Mom" and Mike! We started off my warming up with the Creu who did an awesome. We had a blast.. although it was cold.


Lastly my husband is amazing and so supportive in everything that takes place in my little life. I truly am thankful for him and all he does. He has a tradition where ever-year he gets me a SURVIVOR gift and this year it happen to be a few thinks that truly are special to me.

Mind me it was a long day of work and I needed to shower before I opened my gift.

I truly am thankful and blessed to have so many awesome people within my life. They help make my life what it is today AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment